What is a funeral prearrangement contract?
Funeral prearrangements, also called prearranged services, allow you to plan your last wishes during your lifetime, and ensures that they are respected when you die.
It is a convenient way to share your wishes for your own funeral with your family. In your contract, you can specify the service that suits you (burial, cremation ...), the coffin or urn of your choice, your interest in religious or secular funerals, etc. All in keeping within your budget.
They consist of two contracts between you and Notre-Dame-des-Neiges Cemetery:
- The prearranged funeral services contract, which includes all the goods and services rendered surrounding the death, with the exception of the sepulture and its maintenance. For example, cremation or embalming, the casket or urn, and the ceremony may be included in this contract.
- A contract for the prior purchase of a sepulture, which includes, for example, the acquisition of a cemetery plot, a columbarium space or a crypt, as well as its maintenance.
Benefits of funeral prearrangements
- At the time of your death, the contract of funeral prearrangements you have signed will prevent your family members having to make emotional decisions, and sometimes stressful, at a time already difficult for them;
- Notre-Dame-des-Neiges Cemetery still has many plots available, unlike most cemeteries in Greater Montréal. We also have many spaces in our mausoleums and columbariums available to you;
- Prearrangements also reduce the financial stress on your loved ones, since you’re the one who pays for your own funeral. In your prearrangements, you can also provide spaces for your loved ones or your children, in order to make sure you are reunited in the future;
- By making your prearrangements today, you also protect yourself from a possible increase in funeral expenses;
- This is the surest way to ensure your wishes are fulfilled when you die. The Act respecting prearranged funeral services and sepultures governs this sector and ensures compliance with planned commitments and the protection of sums paid and deposited in trust.
- At Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery, prearrangements come with no interests for 5 years, starting at the signature.
Treat yourself to peace of mind! Contact us at 514 735-1361 or fill the form.
Managers of senior citizens residences and nursing homes are welcome to call us to arrange group presentations for their residents.